Back to all pieces

Marking Time

Exhibition Piece: To mark the 75th Anniversary of Impington Village College, a new clock of Bauhaus influence has been commissioned. It has a commemorative inscription as a signifier of this special year and takes pride of place in the Gropius building.

In the photographs from 1939 there is a simple brushed metal clock installed in the Gropius Hall and a second in the Prom area.  Today, along the Adult Wing in the Parr Room, there is a clock which appears to be one of the original design.  It is uncertain whether this was a third clock or whether it was moved to this location on a previous occasion.  Unfortunately the clock no longer works, but serves as a reminder of how important time keeping was, and is, in a college complex.