At the time of Impington Village Colleges construction, Walter Gropius was arguably the most famous architect in the world as he was the pioneer of an entirely new art movement - Bauhaus. This is probably a key reason why the College is featured in the 1939 publication.
Founded in 1896, The Architectural Review was originally targeted towards the traditional and classical styles of architecture which the Victorian society of the time would have been accustomed to. Gradually though, as the arts sector evolved, changes were made to the types of articles shown in order to reflect the different readership. In the 1920s-30s, the review became more engaged with new types of movements, and under the guidance of J.M. Richards, it gained in reputation and established itself "...as the leading English language architectural magazine, with a worldwide constituency of readers."
Alongside a body of text on the College's design, plan and function, the article from 1939 shows a variety of photographs that were taken of IVC at the time of its opening, and were printed as a collection and used in The Architect's Journal as well as in this review.